Tuesday, April 13, 2010



My homemade light system. This is a fiberglass base that locks over the Kruger Sea Wind cockpit. It is held rearward by two small bungee cords. This thing is virtually impossible to accidently dislodge. The lights are Wal-Mart driving lights ($18.00).
I was intending to run them off of a car battery, but after doing some figuring I found that the car battery would only power them for roughly 4 1/2 hrs. Not a very good payoff for hauling around a 36 lb battery. I went on a search for more efficient lights, and settled on mini MagLight LEDs. I mounted 9 LEDs in each reflector bucket in place of the incandesant bulbs. The result was a fairly bright light that could run off of 1.5 volts. After messing around with it I decided I could do better so I have found a way to mount 9 big MagLight LEDs into a custom housing. We'll see how that one works out for me. For now this is what I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment